A detailed recipe for grilling poultry with a photo. friends: Time: 1 hour. 25 minutes Difficulty: easy Servings: 4 – 6 In the recipes volumetric containers are used in volume: 1 cup (tbsp.) – 240 ml. 3/4 cups (st.) – 180 ml. 1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml. 1/3 cup (Art.) – 80 ml. 1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml. 1 tablespoon (tbsp) – 15 ml. 1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
Chicken and marinade:
- 450 gr skinless bones of chicken thighs (prick with a fork and cut into large pieces)
- 1 tbsp. whipped to a homogeneous state of natural yogurt
- 3 tbsp. l ginger-garlic paste (see recipe below), or 1 tbsp. l grated fresh ginger and 3 cloves of garlic chop or let through the garlic press
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Grill oil
- Ready rice, naan cakes or slices of crisp bread for filing
- 8 diced Rome tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. l tomato paste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp. l (45 gr.) Butter
- 1/3 Art. ginger-garlic paste (see recipe below), or chop 6 cloves of garlic and a piece of ginger 5 cm long.
- 2 chopped serrano peppers (if you don’t like too hot, remove the seeds)
- 1 tsp seasonings garam masala
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1.5 tsp coarse salt
- 1-2 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. l dried fenugreek leaves (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp. fat cream
- Shredded fresh cilantro for decoration
Ginger and garlic paste:
- 1/2 tbsp. whole cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tbsp. peeled and sliced 1 cm thick. fresh ginger
- 1/4 Art. canola oil
Recipes with similar ingredients: chicken thighs, ginger root, garlic, serrano pepper, plum tomatoes, tomato paste, garam masala, paprika, fenugreek, cream, rice, naan cakes, yogurt, cilantro
- For marinade: In a large bowl, mix the ingredients for marinade. Put chicken in it and mix. Pickle no less 30 min. or all night in the refrigerator.
- For the sauce: Put the curry before starting on a medium heat a large pan, pour olive oil into it and put butter. When the butter has melted, add ginger and garlic paste and serrano pepper. Saute until light brown at the edges. Add tomato paste and cook until it darkens, about 3 minutes. Add Garam masala and paprika and fry for about a minute to appear the aroma. Add tomatoes, salt and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil reduce heat to simmer slightly and simmer until thickening, about 20 minutes You may have to add more some water, depending on how much fluid is released Tomatoes
- Light the grill at this time. When it warms up well, lightly grease it with oil. Put the chicken on the grill, shaking off the excess marinade. Fry until strips appear, about 2 minutes. with each side. (Don’t worry that the chicken is still somewhat raw, it’s comes to readiness in the sauce).
- Pour the sauce into a blender or food processor, or use hand blender. Beat until smooth. Pour the sauce back to the pan and bring to a boil again. Put fried Tikka chicken pieces and fenugreek leaves (if used). Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add cream and mix. Sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro and serve with rice, naan cakes or crispy bread! Ginger-garlic paste: Put the garlic, ginger and in a small food processor pour canola oil. Beat until uniform paste. Tiny pieces should remain in it, but overall should resemble pasta. Keep pasta that you don’t use in a small glass jar. It can stand in the refrigerator until 2-3 weeks. This is a delicious addition to marinades, pasta sauces, sauces for frying, gravy, it can also be used in recipes for the slow cooker. We always keep a jar of this paste in the fridge.