Not without reason everyone loves time-tested recipes, and Aina turkey Garten is no exception. She stuffed the bird with fresh thyme and halves of lemons so that the meat is completely saturated with thin ароматом. Time: 3 час. 20 minutes. Difficulty: easy Servings: 8 Measured containers are used in recipes volume: 1 cup (st.) – 240 ml. 3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml. 1/2 cups (st.) – 120 ml. 1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml. 1/4 cup (Art.) – 60 ml. 1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml. 1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 chilled turkey (4.5 – 5.5 kg.)
- 110 gr. butter
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 large bunch of fresh thyme, plus 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Ground black pepper salt
- 1 halved whole lemon
- 1 onion cut into quarters
- 1 garlic head cut in half across
Recipes with similar ingredients: turkey, onion, garlic, lemon juice, thyme
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Melt in a small pan butter. Add the zest, lemon juice and a teaspoon of leaves thyme. Remove the offal from the turkey and rinse it inside and out. Remove excess fat and feather residues, dry from the outside. Put carcass into a large baking dish. Inside, salt a lot and season with pepper. Stuff the turkey with the bun thyme, lemon halves, onions and garlic quarters. Grease turkey on the outside with a creamy mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Tie legs with thread and stick the tips of the wings under the carcass.
- Bake the turkey for about 2.5 hours while the meat juice is from the cut between the leg and thigh will not be transparent. Put turkey on chopping board and cover with aluminum foil, let rest 20 min. Cut the turkey into slices and serve.