Asian summer rolls are different from the more popular spring rolls the fact that they are never fried, but served fresh. Gentle transparent, filled with summer colors and juiciness, these rolls will be by the way and as a snack, and for a light dinner. In sheet rice paper wrapped boiled rice noodles, fresh basil, mint, lettuce, grated carrots and shrimp. Combination these ingredients give an amazing bright taste, besides rolls get very satisfying. Dip them in sweet and sour sauce and enjoy the incomparable Asian taste. Nutrition value of one servings: (total 6) Calories 90, total fat 0 g, saturated fat g, proteins 3 g., carbohydrates one 8 g., fiber G., cholesterol mg., sodium mg., sugar g. Share with friends: Time: 20 minutes Difficulty: easy Servings: 6 Used in recipes volumetric containers: 1 cup (tbsp.) – 240 ml. 3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml. 1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml. 1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml. 1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml. 1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml. 1teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 60 gr Vietnamese or Thai rice noodle
- 6 circles of rice paper
- 1/4 tbsp., Or 12 fresh leaves of Thai basil (or ordinary basil), washed and dried
- 6 medium shrimps, prepared, cut in half
- 0.5 tbsp. grated carrots
- 0.5 tbsp., Or 12 whole large leaves of mint, washed and drained
- 3 sheets of red leaf lettuce, remove the thick veins, to have 6 halves left
- Acetic dip sauce, see recipe below
Vinegar dip sauce
- 1 tbsp. l Sahara
- 2 tsp warm water
- 1/4 Art. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp chili sauce (recommended: siracha)
- 1 tbsp. l lime juice
- 1 tsp fish sauce or lightly salted soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. l finely grated carrots
- 1 feather green onion, finely chopped
Recipes with similar ingredients: rice noodles, rice paper, spring roll dough, basil, shrimp, carrots, mint, salad leaf, sugar, rice vinegar, sriracha sauce, lime, fish sauce, soy sauce, green onions
- Bring water to a boil and boil rice noodles in according to the instructions water on the packaging. Drain, rinse the noodles and cool (yield: about 2 tbsp.)
- Arrange the ingredients in small bowls before you start make rolls. Fill a large bowl or pan with very warm water. Put rice paper in hot water. Soak on 30 seconds – 1 minute, or until the paper becomes pliable and the pattern on it will be barely noticeable. Remove and lay on a clean, slightly wet kitchen towel.
- Put 2 sheets of basil on the inner edge of the rice paper, departing 2.5 cm from the edge and approximately 2.5 cm from the sides. From above put about 1/4 tbsp. boiled rice noodles. Lay on top 2 halves of shrimp. Then add 2 tbsp. l carrots, then – 2 mint leaf. Fold 1 sheet of lettuce and lay on top of the pile. Cover fill the edge of the paper and tuck it under the filling. Continuing roll up, fold the sides inward. Roll up the roll and repeat the same with the other rolls, folding them under the wet cloth or paper towel. Cut the rolls before serving in half and serve sliced up with dip dip sauce.
Acetic dip sauce:
Dissolve sugar in warm water, then mix with the rest ingredients and refrigerate until cooked use.