Saag panir – spinach with fried indian cheese – a detailed recipe cooking. Time: 1 hour.20 minutes. Difficulty: easy Portions: 4 The recipes use dimensional capacity: 1 cup (tbsp.) – 240 ml. 3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml 1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml. 1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml. 1/4 cups (st.) – 60 ml. 1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml. 1 teahouse spoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 340 gr diced 2.5 cm. panir
- 1/2 tsp natural yogurt (mix until smooth state)
- 1 pack (450 gr.) Frozen chopped spinach
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp. l plus 1.5 tbsp. l vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized finely chopped white onion head
- 1 peeled and chopped piece of ginger 2.5 cm long. And thumb-thick (about 1 tbsp. l.)
- 4 minced cloves of garlic
- 1 chopped large green serrano chili pepper (if not love too sharp, remove the seeds)
- 1/2 tsp “Garam Masala” spice mixes (see recipe below)
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
Homemade spice mix “Garam Masala”:
- 3 large cinnamon sticks (if you bought cinnamon in the department Indian goods, then take about 3 tbsp. l pieces bark)
- 3 tbsp. l whole clove buds
- 1/4 Art. green cardamom fruit (peel and discard the husk, to get about 2 tbsp. l seed)
- 4 large fruits of black cardamom (peel and discard the husk, to get about 1 tbsp. l seed), optional
Recipes with similar ingredients: yogurt, paneer cheese, spinach, pepper serrano, ginger root, onions, garlic, garam masala, turmeric, ground cayenne pepper, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom
- In a large bowl, mix turmeric, cayenne pepper, a teaspoon salt and 3 tbsp. l oils. Gently place the paniric cubes and carefully mix, taking care not to break the cubes if you use cottage cheese. Marinate the cheese cubes while you collect and prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Microwave spinach in a suitable bowl and heat for 5 minutes at high power, then mash in food processor until smooth. You can also finely cut it with a knife.
- Place a large non-stick pan on medium heat and when it warms up, put a panir. In a couple mix for a minute, each piece of panir should be browned with one side. Fry for another minute, then shift the cheese to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1.5 tbsp to the pan. l oils. Lay the bow ginger, garlic and chili. Further important point: fry the mixture, until it becomes caramel, it should take about 15 minutes. Do not skip this step – this is the basis of the whole dish! if you it seems that the mixture has dried and burns, add a couple of tablespoons tablespoons of water. Add Garam Masala, Coriander and Cumin. If you bye this is not done, pour a little water so that the spices do not burn. Cook, stirring frequently, until raw spices are cooked and cooked. a slightly more balanced aroma will appear, 3-5 minutes. spinach and mix well to combine the spicy onion mixture with spinach. Add a little salt and 1/2 tbsp. mix water and cook for about 5 minutes without covering.
- Turn off the fire. Add a little yogurt so that it doesn’t curled up. When the yogurt mixes well with spinach, add panir. Turn on the heat again, cover the pan and cook, until the paniri cheese is saturated with the aroma of spices, about 5 minutes Serve. Homemade spicy Garam Masala from Chef Aarti: In a spice mill or coffee grinder, mix the cinnamon sticks, cloves, green cardamom seeds, black cardamom seeds (if use) and chop well. Store the spice mixture in airtight container away from direct sunlight.