Although the central ingredient in Aina Garten’s strawberry jam is fresh strawberries, but “to thicken the jam” she adds to it diced apple, and also a handful of blueberries, which, like she says, “gives strawberry jam a rich aroma and цвет”. Time: 30 min В рецептахvolumetric containers are used in volume: 1 cup (tbsp.) – 240 ml. 3/4 cups (st.) – 180 ml. 1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml. 1/3 cup (Art.) – 80 ml. 1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml. 1 tablespoon (tbsp) – 15 ml. 1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1.5 liters fresh strawberries
- 3 tbsp. ultrafine sugar
- 2 tbsp. l orange liquor (better Grand Marnier)
- 1/2 peeled and pitted and cut into small Granny Smith green apple cubes
- 1/2 tbsp. fresh blueberries
Recipes with similar ingredients: strawberries, strawberry jam, apples, Orange liquor, Grand Marnier liquor, blueberry
- Put the strawberries in a colander and rinse under cold running water. Drain and remove the stalks. Large berries cut in half or 4 parts, leave the small ones as a whole. Put strawberries in a deep, thick-walled pan, such as a roasting pan, and mix with sugar and orange liquor.
- Bring the berry mixture to a boil over medium heat, often stirring. Add apples and blueberries and continue to support the mixture is boiling, stirring occasionally until the temperature of the jam reaches 105 ° C according to the culinary thermometer. This should take 25-35 мин. Collect and discard the foam that rises to the surface. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature, and then store, covered in the fridge. Jam can be stored in this way for at least 2 weeks. To preserve it for a longer period, preserve jam in jars, according to the instructions. Exit: 1 liter.