Panir cheese is very easy to make at home and my recipe is quick, easy and delicious. I also think that homemade cheese is more curd texture than pressed pressed. But if you purchased cheese Paneer in the supermarket, you will have more time to cooking a variety of Indian dishes: palak panir – cheese with spinach, matar panir – Indian cheese with green peas in tomato sauce, sabji with paneer – Indian vegetable stew with paneer, tamatar paneer malay – fried tomatoes with cheese, rasgulla – Indian cheese treat, panor panir – a cheese snack fried in кляре. Time: 45 мин. In recipes volumetric containers are used in volume: 1 cup (tbsp.) – 240 ml. 3/4 cups (st.) – 180 ml. 1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml. 1/3 cup (Art.) – 80 ml. 1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml. 1 tablespoon (tbsp) – 15 ml. 1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 8 tbsp. milk
- 1/4 Art. freshly squeezed lemon juice, plus more the need
Recipes with similar ingredients: panir cheese, lemon juice, milk
- Cover a large colander with a large piece of gauze, folded double and put a colander in the sink.
- In a large, wide saucepan over medium heat, bring to low boiling milk, often stirring so that it does not stick to the bottom (for a non-stick pan is very suitable for this purpose coated). It will take some time, so have patience! Add lemon juice and reduce heat to low. Gently mixing, you will see that the milk will curl almost immediately (white milk pieces appear) and the serum will separate (greenish liquid). Do not worry, it should be so! If the milk has not curled, squeeze another 1-2 tbsp. l lemon juice and add. Increase again fire and the milk should be stratified. Shuffle this way so that the curled pieces come together rather than separate from friend.
- Remove the pan from the heat and carefully pour the contents into gauze-covered colander. Rinse gently with cold water, to get rid of the lemon flavor. At this point you can wring a little liquid and serve this cottage cheese with honey and nuts. Get almost fresh ricotta!
- Connect the ends of the gauze and twist it to make a ball of cheese, and squeeze out as much excess whey as possible. Tie the gauze to the tap and leave for 5 minutes to allow the glass to liquid. a ball to form a piece of cheese, put it on a plate, so that the curled part of the gauze is on the side (thanks to this piece cheese will be dense and uniform!) and put on top another a plate. On the second plate, put jars of beans or heavy the pan. Put everything in the refrigerator and let stand for about 20 min. Exit: 350 gr.
- Expand this wonderful cottage cheese platter! You did it! Now you can use it in traditional Indian dishes, such as saag panir.