In the preparation of a low-calorie guacamole snack, part of the avocado replaced with mashed peas. It contains less fat, but in appearance and texture is practically no different from avocados. A low-fat yogurt will make the texture even more velvety. Mash vegetables with spices and lime juice and mix in pasta cut into small pieces grape tomatoes, onions, cilantro and jalapeno pepper. Hot jalapenos will be interesting to contrast with sweet tomatoes, filling your guacamole with maximum flavor. Serve guacamole for a snack with fresh vegetables or tortillas for dipping. Nutritional value of one serving: (total 6) Calories 83, total fats 3.5 g., saturated fats g., proteins 3 g., carbohydrates 9 g., fiber g., cholesterol mg., sodium mg., sugar g.
Recipe author – Lisa Lillien – American producer, publisher of television shows and cookbooks Hungry Girl
Time: 20 мин. Difficulty: Easy Servings: 6 The recipes use measuring containers with a volume of: one cup (st.) – 240 ml. 3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml. 1/2 cup (st.) – 120 ml 1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml. 1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml. 1tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml. 1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 can (425 gr.) Canned green peas, liquid drain
- 0.5 tbsp. mashed avocados (approximately 1 medium avocado)
- 1/4 Art. plain Greek yogurt, low fat
- 4 tsp lime juice
- 0.5 tsp chopped garlic (about half cloves)
- 1/4 tsp salt + optionally to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper + extra to taste
- 1/8 tsp ground zira
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- 1/3 Art. chopped grape tomatoes or cherry
- 1/4 Art. chopped onion
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Sliced marinated jalapenos (optional)
Recipes with similar ingredients: peas, avocado, yogurt, lime, garlic, black peppercorns, cumin, chili seasoning, tomatoes grape, cherry tomatoes, onions, cilantro, jalapeno peppers
- Put the peas in a medium-sized bowl and mash thoroughly pusher or fork. (Or chop the peas in a small blender or a food processor to a puree consistency and transfer to a bowl.) Add avocado, yogurt, lime juice, garlic, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/8 hours l black pepper, zira and chili powder. Keep kneading to mix all.
- Stir in tomatoes, onions and a little cilantro and / or jalapenos if use it. Salt and pepper to taste.