Lamb “Tikka Masala” – a detailed recipe for cooking. Share с друзьями: Time: 45 мин. Difficulty: Easy Servings: 6 The recipes use measuring containers with a volume of: one cup (st.) – 240 ml. 3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml. 1/2 cup (st.) – 120 ml 1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml. 1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml. 1tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml. 1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 700 gr. diced 2.5 cm. lamb leg clippings (cut fat and veins)
- 1 can (800 g.) Canned tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. l “Garam Masala” spice mixtures, portioned (see ingredients below)
- 2 tsp coarse salt (portioned)
- 1/2 tsp roasted, ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp roasted, ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. natural whole milk yogurt
- 1/4 Art. vegetable oil
- 1 large chopped onion head
- 4 minced cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp. l grated fresh ginger
- 1 seed-chopped and chopped medium chili pepper Serrano medium the size
- Fresh mint or cilantro leaves
- Additional equipment: coal starter, newspaper, vegetable oil, 1.8 kg. natural lump charcoal and metal skewers
- 2 tbsp. l cardamom seed
- 2 tbsp. l coriander seed
- 1 tbsp. l cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp. l mustard seed
- 2 tbsp. l black pepper peas
- 20 clove buds
- 1 peeled and crushed dried pepper chili arbol
- 1 cinnamon stick broken in half (6.5 cm long)
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg
Recipes with similar ingredients: lamb, tomatoes, milk coconut, yogurt, onions, garlic, ginger root, garam masala, cumin, coriander, cardamom, black pepper, cloves, pepper de arbol, pepper serrano, cinnamon, nutmeg, mustard seed, mint, cilantro
- In a plastic bag with a fastener of 1 liter, mix a tablespoon of the mixture of Garam masala, a teaspoon of salt, cumin, coriander and pepper. Close the bag and shake to spice mixed up. Lay the lamb and shake it to cover spices. Add yogurt to the bag, close it and remember to distribute the marinade over the meat. Put the bag in the refrigerator in airtight container for 30 minutes. and up to an hour.
- Sprinkle 4-5 pieces of newspaper with vegetable oil and place on coal starter bottom. Half fill it with charcoal and set it on fire. newspaper. When the coal is covered with a small coating of ash, carefully pour it to the bottom of the grill and distribute evenly. From above pour the remaining unburnt coal, evenly distribute him, so as not to extinguish the burning coal. Grill the second grill and cover it before cooking meat.
- Meanwhile, in a pan with straight sides with a diameter of 30 cm. On moderately high heat heat the vegetable oil until it is sparkles and almost does not begin to smoke. Put onion and leftover teaspoon of salt and cook until the onion is browned at the edges, 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce fire to moderately weak and add garlic, ginger and chili. Cook stirring occasionally until the onion is soft and completely browned for about 7 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining tablespoon Garam masala and mix several times to distribute spice. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture will not be slightly respected and will not become a more saturated color, about 15-20 minutes
- Remove the mutton from the yogurt mixture. On the meat should stay as much marinade as possible. String pieces of lamb on skewers on a distance of 0.5 cm from each other. Grill while yogurt lightly brown or black, about 2 minutes each. with each side. Remove the meat from the skewers. In the tomato mixture, put the meat and pour coconut milk, mix and warm. Shift to serving bowl, sprinkle with mint or cilantro and serve with rice Basmati. Garam Masala: In a cast-iron skillet with a diameter of 20 cm. over medium heat, mix all the seeds, black pepper peas, cloves, chili peppers and cinnamon. Cook, constantly shaking the pan until you smell the fried cumin, about 3-4 minutes Put the mixture on a plate, flatten and give cool for 5 minutes When the mixture has cooled, put the fried spices and nutmeg in a spice mill. Beat until received fine powder, approximately 1 min. Use immediately or store in airtight container up to 1 month.