Caribbean seasoning jerk will add bright colors to the baked sweet carrots, which, together with baked onions and garlic, are crushed to consistency of thick dip sauce. Add a little coconut to the sauce milk, and it will become even more velvety and creamy. Besides coconut milk will soften the spicy seasoning and along with the juice and zest of lime add exotic flavor notes. Scoop the dip with slices of cakes or fresh vegetables and enjoy going mentally to distant hot Islands. Nutritional Information per Serving: (6 total) Calories 100, total fats 7 g., saturated fats g., proteins 1 g., carbohydrates 10 g., fiber g., cholesterol mg., sodium mg., sugar g. Share with друзьями: Time: 1 hour. 30 min. Difficulty: easy Servings: 6 Measured containers are used in recipes volume: 1 cup (st.) – 240 ml. 3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml. 1/2 cups (st.) – 120 ml. 1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml. 1/4 cup (Art.) – 60 ml. 1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml. 1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 450 gr medium carrots, peeled
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into 8 wedges (do not cut the root, but trim)
- 2 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. l olive oil
- 1 tbsp. l seasoning jerk
- Zest and juice of 1 lime (approximately 0.5 tsp. Zest and 2 tbsp. juice)
- 1/4 Art. coconut milk, mix well
- 0.5 tsp coarse salt
- For serving: warm cakes, chopped celery, cucumbers and / or chopped sweet peppers
Recipes with similar ingredients: carrots, onions, garlic, seasoning jerk, lime, coconut milk, tortilla, celery, cucumbers, sweet peppers
- Preheat the oven to 220 ° C and set the grid to medium level.
- Cut the carrots into pieces 2.5 cm long. All thick slices cut along in half so that the pieces of carrots are approximately the same size. Mix gently on a large baking sheet carrots, onions, garlic, olive oil and seasoning jerk. Put in bake and bake until the largest pieces become very soft and do not brown in places, about 50 minutes, mixing once in the middle of baking. Remove from the oven and lightly cool. Discard the stiff parts of the onion.
- After the vegetables have cooled, squeeze the garlic from the peel; put it in a food processor along with carrots and onions, juice lime, coconut milk, salt and 2 tbsp. l water. Grind to obtaining a homogeneous mass, scraping the mixture as necessary from the walls of the bowl. Add an additional 1 tbsp. l at a time to get the sauce of the desired consistency.
- Put the sauce in a small bowl and sprinkle with lime zest. Serve with tortillas and vegetables.