Japanese Shrimp Risotto – A Detailed recipe cooking. Time: 1 hour. 15 minutes. Difficulty: easy Servings: 4 – 6 capacity: 1 cup (tbsp.) – 240 ml. 3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml 1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml. 1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml. 1/4 cups (st.) – 60 ml. 1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml. 1 teahouse spoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 2 tbsp. rice arborio
- 225 gr. shrimp cut in half less than average
- 3/4 Art. frozen edamame in pods, defrost
- 225 – 340 gr. meat of a giant crab, separate from the shell
- 8 tbsp. chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. l vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. l chopped ginger, root length of approximately 2.5 cm.
- 5 chopped stalks of green onions, white and green parts separately
- 1/3 Art. sake
- 2 tbsp. l white (shiro) miso paste (fermented pasta rice)
- 1/4 Art. Mirina (Rice Wine)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Fried Sesame Seed Oil
- Soy sauce for serving
- Fried sliced nori sheets for decoration
Recipes with similar ingredients: Arborio rice, shrimp, crab meat, edamame beans, lemon juice, mirin (rice wine), soy sauce, sake, ginger root, green onions, miso (soya paste), nori, sesame
- Heat the chicken stock in a medium-sized saucepan and keep its warm. Lubricate the frying pan with straight sides with vegetable oil and put on medium heat. Put ginger, white pieces of green onions and fry until aroma, 3-4 min. Add rice, salt and fry for 1-2 minutes. Ungarn the sake pan and cook for about a minute for the alcohol to evaporate. Add to rice a few tablespoons of hot broth, enough to completely cover, and cook, stirring occasionally until rice absorbs bouillon.
- Pour a few more spoons of the broth and repeat the same steps. This should be done 4-6 times, until the entire broth is absorbed, and the rice does not boil, but still be tight. The whole process should take about 20 minutes When the rice is ready, add the shrimp and edamame so that they boil from the heat of rice. When the shrimp will become matte, add miso paste. From now on don’t let boil the risotto as miso begins to bitter when boiling. Check Are there enough spices and salt if necessary. Add Mirin, zest and lemon juice, green onions and gently mix crab meat. Place a large amount of risotto on a plate to serve pour a little sesame oil, add a little soy sauce and sprinkle with nori.