Juicy and crisp broccoli is an excellent ingredient for healthy hot sandwich. For cooking are used and inflorescences, and fleshy stems. Broccoli first a little it is steamed and then fried for a couple of minutes in a pan in spiced olive oil with garlic. Mix it with grated cheese pecorino and lemon zest, put on slices of bread, cover raw provolone and fry in the oven until the cheese is melted. Sandwiches are very nutritious, viscous, juicy and filled with vivid flavors of cheese, garlic and lemon zest. forget to share with others or at least hide evidence if you decided to enjoy it alone! Nutrition value of one serving: (total Calories 261, total fat 12 g., Saturated fat g., Proteins 14 g., carbohydrates 24 g, fiber g., cholesterol mg., sodium mg., sugar g.
Recipe author – Deb Perelman – blogger and food photographer
Time: 40 мин. Complexity: easy Servings: 8 The recipes use measuring containers with a volume of: 1 glass (st.) – 240 ml. 3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml. 1/2 cup (Art.) – 120 ml. 1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml. 1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml 1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml. 1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 450 gr broccoli
- 2 tbsp. l olive oil
- 3 cloves, minced garlic
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Finely grated zest and juice of half a lemon (to preserve nerves, first remove the zest, then squeeze the juice)
- 0.5 tbsp. finely grated seasoned pecorino-romano cheese
- 8 slices of bread
- 8 thin slices of provolone cheese
Recipes with similar ingredients: white bread, broccoli, broccoli, pecorino romano cheese, provolone cheese, lemon juice, garlic toast
- If you are using broccoli, cut the stems into segments by 5 cm. When using regular broccoli, first peel the stems peeler so that they cook evenly and then chop in large pieces.
- Pour approximately 2.5 cm of salt water into a large stewpan and bring to a boil. Add broccoli and cover; steam for 2 minutes. Drain all the water and dry the broccoli on paper towels, squeezing as much water as possible. Chop in small pieces, approximately 1 cm.
- Dry the stew pan and heat over medium heat. Add olive oil and heat it for a minute. Add the garlic and flakes of red pepper and fry until the garlic starts brown, about 1 minute. Add broccoli and fry 1-2 more minutes, salted to taste. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add zest and lemon juice, pecorino cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven in grill mode. Lay the slices of bread on pan and lightly fry on both sides. Put the mixture out broccoli on each piece of bread, put a slice of provolone on it and put in the oven to fry until the cheese melts and starts bubble. Eat right away. Sauté again.