Time for preparing
- Recipe difficulty
- Energy value
Prepare a khanum for family or guests and they will not stay indifferent! I just love this dish, it’s easier to cook, than manti, because you don’t need to sculpt individual mantles. Plus in the filling is still potato. You can serve with sour cream, tomato sauce. But personally, I love to eat it with sour cream and soy sauce, but this is my personal preference. ? Pay attention that of 2 eggs, 2 tbsp. l oil, 200 ml of water and 700 g of flour I got quite a lot of dough from which I prepared manti and khanum. If you cook only khanum, then you need either increase the amount of meat and onion, or reduce the amount ingredients for the test up to 1 egg, 100 ml of water, 1 tbsp. l oil and 350 g flour. The quantity is approximate if the dough is obtained too steep, then add some water, and vice versa.
Let’s get started!
Bon appetit, I hope you had fun with us!
Steps taken: 0/0
- First, let’s prepare the dough.
- Break 2 eggs into a deep plate, add salt, vegetable oil and warm boiled water, whisk everything until homogeneity.
- Pour the flour into a large deep container, make flour well.
- Pour part of the egg mixture, and knead the dough.
- Then pour the rest of the mixture and continue to knead the dough with your hands until you get elastic, tight and uniform dough. It is advisable to knead the dough long enough.
- Wrap the dough in cling film or just put it in airtight container and leave alone for half an hour – an hour. And in this time we’ll deal with the filling.
- We wash the meat, cut into small pieces of the same size.
- Peel the onion and cut into half rings. Can be chopped finely, but I like it more precisely half rings.
- Wash the potato, peel and cut into cubes.
- Mix meat with onions and potatoes in a deep bowl, add to taste salt, black pepper, zira and spices for meat. Spices for Oriental meat, I bought these in the market. We mix everything.
- Cut the dough into two parts. We get 2 big roll.
- Roll each ball of dough into a large thin circle. Thinner Roll out the dough, the more delicious the khanum will be.
- The filling is also divided into two parts. We spread on each circle distribute our filling and roll it into a big roll.
- The mantle tiers are greased with vegetable oil.
- Pour water into the lower tier of the mantle, lay out each roll on a separate tier, close the lid. Cook for about 40 minutes over high heat.
- tasty dish
- hearty meal
- khanum with pork