Pepper filling will be easier and more dietary if cooking use lean ground beef in half with brown lentils. It is as rich in protein as meat, and plus to everything will fill the dish with fiber. Saute the minced meat with spices on in a pan, adding tomato paste, stir in raw lentils and rice and fill the mixture with large sweet peppers. Then the peppers are stewed in until cooked, and from the liquid in which they were stewed, It will make an excellent sauce. Peppers are very satisfying and at the same time same time low-calorie. And their spicy taste and aroma is interesting complement the light notes of cinnamon. Nutrition value of one serving: (total 4) Calories 320, total fat 11 g., Saturated fat g., Protein 20 g., carbohydrates 21 g, fiber g., cholesterol mg., sodium mg., sugar g. Time: 1 hour. 40 min Difficulty: easy Servings: 4 Measured containers are used in recipes volume: 1 cup (st.) – 240 ml. 3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml. 1/2 cups (st.) – 120 ml. 1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml. 1/4 cup (Art.) – 60 ml. 1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml. 1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 4 sweet peppers of any color
- 220 gr ground beef with a fat content of 10%
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp ground zira
- 2 tbsp. l tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. lightly salted chicken stock
- 0.5 tbsp. long-grain white rice
- 1/3 Art. brown lentils
- 1 tbsp. l chopped dill, parsley or 1/4 tsp. dried peppermint
Recipes with similar ingredients: sweet pepper, ground beef, lentils, long grain rice, tomato paste, oregano, cinnamon, cumin, dill, mint
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Cut off the tops from each pepper, set them aside and remove from pepper seeds with internal partitions. Sprinkle a pinch inside salt and a pinch of black pepper.
- In a large skillet with non-stick coating over medium heat heat 1 tsp. olive oil and add garlic and onions. Fry until soft 3 minutes, then add ground beef, oregano, cinnamon and zira. Fry, breaking pieces of minced meat with a wooden spoon, until it will not darken all. Stir in 1 tbsp. l tomato paste and mix until it covers the minced meat and darkens slightly.
- Stir in the broth, rice and lentils. Remove from the heat and set aside until the liquid is absorbed and the mixture cools slightly. Add 0.5 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- Spread the filling evenly over the peppers and cover with the cut tops. Place the peppers vertically in a small bowl to baking size 20 cm. Mix 1.5 tbsp. water with the remaining 1 tbsp. l tomato paste and olive oil. Pour into a mold around the peppers. Cover with foil and bake until the pepper is soft and rice and lentils will not be ready, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Gently transfer the peppers to a serving platter and transfer liquid in a non-stick pan. Cook on strong until the sauce thickens and evaporates to a volume of about 0.5 Art. Remove from heat and add dill. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve the stuffed pepper sauce.