Chicken strips – a popular appetizer in fast food restaurants from deep fried chicken sticks fried in breading. Homemade strips cooked according to this recipe will be just as tasty crispy but dietary. Chicken fillet is cut into strips and breaded in a crushed mixture of fried almonds, sesame seeds, spices and herbs. This breading meets the requirements of the diet. Whole30. Fry the strips in the oven in grill mode and serve with roasted sweet peppers, tomato paste and olive oil with the same almond mixture as used for breading chicken. Share with friends: Time: 25 minutes Difficulty: easy Servings: 2 Measured containers are used in recipes volume: 1 cup (st.) – 240 ml. 3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml. 1/2 cups (st.) – 120 ml. 1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml. 1/4 cup (Art.) – 60 ml. 1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml. 1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 tbsp. roasted salted almonds
- 0.5 tbsp. fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tbsp. l garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. l sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. l fresh thyme leaves
- 450 gr chicken fingers
- 1 can of 340 gr. canned baked red peppers (1.5 Art.), coarsely chopped
- 1/3 Art. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. l tomato paste
Recipes with similar ingredients: almonds, parsley, garlic powder, sesame seeds, thyme, chicken breasts, sweet pepper, tomato paste
- Preheat the oven in grill mode. Set on a baking sheet grill.
- Grind almonds, parsley, garlic in a food processor powder, sesame seeds, thyme and 1 tbsp. l salt until mixture will become like breadcrumbs and the whole almonds will not finely chopped. Pour 3/4 tbsp. mix in a shallow bowl for breading; leave the rest in a food processor.
- Roll the chicken in the almond mixture, evenly covering the pieces from all sides. Put on prepared pan and fry in the oven in grill mode, turning in the middle of frying another side until the chicken is fully cooked and crispy golden brown, 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grind baked peppers in a food processor, olive oil, tomato paste and remaining almond mixture until obtaining a uniform bright orange paste. Serve the sauce with chicken strips.