Braised lamb legs with gremolata – a detailed recipe cooking. AT ремя: 3 час. 50 minutes Difficulty: easy Servings: 4 Measured containers are used in recipes volume: 1 cup (st.) – 240 ml. 3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml. 1/2 cups (st.) – 120 ml. 1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml. 1/4 cup (Art.) – 60 ml. 1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml. 1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 4 lamb shanks (each approximately 600 gr., 1 shank per portion)
- Olive oil
- 1 diced 2.5 cm. Large onion head or 2 small onions
- 3 peeled and diced 1 cm. Carrots
- 3 diced 1 cm. Celery stalk
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 can (340 gr.) Tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. strong red wine
- 2 tbsp. l finely chopped rosemary leaves
- 10 – 12 bundles of thyme
- 3 – 4 tbsp. water
- 4 bay leaves
- Gremolata (see ingredients below) for serving
- 1 zest of orange
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 Art. finely chopped parsley leaves
- 1 chopped small clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp. l grated fresh horseradish
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl.
Recipes with similar ingredients: lamb, red wine, tomato pasta, onions, garlic, carrots, celery, rosemary, thyme, bay leaf, lemon zest, horseradish
- Preheat the oven to 205 ° C. Lubricate the roasting pan with olive oil. oil and heat well. Well salt the lamb and put in the pan. Fry on all sides. This is a very important stage, not skip it. At this time, in a food processor, mashed onions, carrots, celery and garlic until pasta with slices.
- Put the drumsticks from the roasting pan on a baking sheet. Pour out of the pan excess fat. Add some more oil to close the bottom, and put the mashed vegetables. Salt to taste. Fry vegetables until they are browned and fragrant for about 20 minutes. ВAs a result, a kind of crust from fried vegetables, but make sure that it does not burn, that’s where there will be aroma! And do not skip this stage, thanks to it you will receive brown color and aroma of the finished dish.
- Add tomato paste and sauté for 5 minutes. Pour in wine, put chopped rosemary and a bunch of thyme. Cook often stirring until the wine has evaporated halfway. Put it down again drumsticks in a roasting pan and pour 3-4 tbsp. water. She must completely cover lamb, add more water if necessary. Put in bay leaf pan, cover it and place in preheated oven.
Time for preparing
– about 2.5-3 hours. Somewhere in the middle of cooking turn over meat. Check lamb about every 45 minutes. If the liquid is already evaporate, add more water. Remove excess fat. In 30 minutes before at the end of cooking, remove the lid to brown the dish. When the shanks are ready, the meat should be very soft and fragrant. Put it on serving plates and decorate rattle. Serve with Polenta Bread if desired.